University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Post Baccalaureate: Art Education, 2017
Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design
Bachelor of Fine Art: Printmaking, June 2011
Wisconsin Art K-12, July 2017
Art Teacher: Milwaukee Public Schools, Milwaukee, WI
September 2017 - Present
- Teaching Early Childhood through 8th grade art at Lloyd Barbee Montessori, Craig Montessori, and Browning Elementary Schools.
Student Teaching and Field Work Experience
Student Teacher: Milwaukee Montessori, Milwaukee, WI
January 2017 - April 2017
- Taught art classes to students ranging from kindergarten to eighth grade.
- Adhered to Montessori expectations and procedures while teaching.
- Developed and taught a printmaking unit to a seventh-grade class inspired by the collaborative surrealist drawing game “Exquisite Corpse.”
- Developed and taught a paper sculpture unit to two fifth-grade classes inspired by the work of Wisconsin artist MIchael Velliquette.
- Mounted and created displays of student work in common areas of the school.
- Assisted with parent/teacher conferences and Mothers’ Visitation Day.
Student Teacher: Eisenhower High School, New Berlin, WI
September 2016 - October 2016
- Taught three periods of Ceramics I and two periods of Drawing I to ninth, tenth, eleventh, and twelfth-grade students.
- Planned and implemented learning segment Family Crest Plates in Ceramics I, focusing on personal symbolism and the use of stenciling as a new glaze technique.
- Assisted with parent/teacher conferences.
- Attended all staff meetings, including one week of inservice before the start of school year.
- Consulted with special education teachers and case workers to accommodate students with special needs
- Utilized newly implemented Achievement Based Grading.
Field Work: IDEAL Middle School, Milwaukee, WI
- Developed and taught an 8-week, 4-lesson art-making unit on the big idea of Systems, inspired by four contemporary artists, to a class of sixth, seventh, and eighth-grade students.
- Created an interactive display for the school’s Art Night exhibition to share the art-making unit with students’ friends and families
Field Work: Lloyd Barbee Montessori, Milwaukee, WI
- Observed and assisted in a general combined classroom of 30 first, second, and third-grade students.
- Developed and taught an art and writing lesson inspired by the book Life Doesn’t Frighten Me by Maya Angelou and Jean Michel Basquiat
Field Work: Pierce Elementary, Milwaukee, WI
- Observed and assisted in a general classroom of 28 second-grade students.
- Developed and taught an art lesson on storytelling through stop-motion animation to a group of three second-grade students.
Teen Mentor: RedLine, Milwaukee, WI
September 2014 - September 2015
- As Artist in Residence, collaborated with Education Coordinator in teaching participants in weekly teen program.
- Set up teen art exhibition at local gallery.
ArtsECO Intern: Bruce Guadalupe Community School, Milwaukee, WI
- Helped Elementary art teacher in final weeks of school year.
- Curated and installed summer show of student work at Latino Arts Gallery.
Band Coach: Girls Rock, Milwaukee, WI
- Coached a band of five middle school participants to write a unique song in one week and perform it at Turner Hall.
Artist Assistant: Artists Working in Education, Milwaukee, WI
- Aided lead artists in teaching activities that took place at museums, schools, libraries, and Summerfest grounds.
ArtsECO Student Teaching Scholarship 2016 - Based on exceptional work in ArtsECO programs and in Art Education coursework.
Pi Lambda Theta - member since 2016
- Computer: Microsoft Suite, iWork, iMovie, iStop, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, Rhino, Keyshot, Infinite Campus, PowerLearning